About the activity
Visit 'America's first resort', the city of Newport, Rhode Island. Tour two awe-inspiring mansions owned by the nations wealthiest families back in the gilded age. Sit back and enjoy a narrated mini-bus tour of Newport's beautiful Oceanside.
Free cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
COVID-19 precautionsSpecial health and safety measures apply.
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- You must keep social distance while in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You must bring your own headphones
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
Instant confirmation & Mobile ticketsReceive your ticket right away. Use your phone or print your voucher.
Skip the lineGet priority entry.
Free pickupA complimentary hotel pick-up service is offered.
Audio guideChinese, English, French, German, Spanish
Start time - Available tomorrow7:15 AM
- Admission to The Breakers Mansion with a self-guided multi-lingual audio tour
- Admission to the Elms Mansion with self-guided multi-lingual audio tour
- Mini-coach tour of Newport
- Complimentary snacks
- Bottled water
- Newport guidebook
- Discounted admission to the International Tennis Hall of Fame if you choose to visit in your free time
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (subject to hotel location)
- Round trip minibus transportation from Boston to Newport
- Tour the Breakers and the Elms mansions
- Enjoy a 1-hour narrated small group bus tour of Newport
- Spend some time shopping and having lunch
Enjoy Newport on this van tour from Boston. See how the wealthiest families lived during the gilded age with a visit to the Vanderbilt summer home and the Elms Mansion. Along the way, enjoy some complimentary snacks and bottled water while reading over a provided Newport guide book.
Begin with hotel pickup in a luxury minibus, where the approximately 2-hour journey to Newport starts. The first stop is the Breakers, the Vanderbilt family's summer home. Take a self-guided audio-tour and explore the 70-room summer cottage.
Here, you can also spend some time exploring the cliffs on a scenic cliff walk. Next, it's back to the mini-coach for a bus tour of Newport, which passes St Mary's Parish, where John F. Kennedy and Jacqueline Bouvier were married in 1953. After the bus tour, visit America's oldest existing synagogue, the Touro Synagogue.
With your free time, you can do some shopping or have lunch on the waterfront. If you're a sports fan, you can enjoy discount admission to the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
Finally, visit the Elms Mansion, where you can take a 90-minute self-guided audio tour. After the tour, return to the minibus, sit back, and relax as you enjoy the ride back to Boston.
- Please dress comfortably and according to the season
- Hotel pickup is available from selected downtown Boston hotels
- The audio-guide is available in English, Spanish, Chinese, French, and German
Reviews & Ratings
Top 5 Similar Things to Do in Boston
Highly ratedExcellent50+ bookedDay trips
Boston: Fall Foliage Tour
- 11 hours • Skip the line • Free pickup included • Guiding available • Available from September 28, 2023
Great240+ bookedDay trips
From Boston: Martha's Vineyard with Optional Island Tour
- 13 hours • Skip the line • Free pickup included • Guiding available • Still available today
Highly ratedExcellent10+ bookedDay trips
From Boston: Full-Day Historical Lexington & Concord Tour
- 8 hours • Free pickup included • Guiding available • Available from September 28, 2023
Highly ratedExcellent30+ bookedDay trips
From Boston: Quincy, Plymouth, and Mayflower II Day Trip
- 11 hours • Skip the line • Free pickup included • Guiding available • Available from October 2, 2023
Highly ratedExcellent2+ bookedDay trips
Boston: Private City Driving Tour
- 6 hours • Private tour • Guiding available • Still available today
Frequently Asked Questions
Prices & Booking